I QUIT!!!

I Quit.. It just occurred to me. I don't know how it happened or when it happened but I have come to the realization that I am a quitter. I give up when it gets hard, or when I am comfortable or make believe that I am comfortable. I just stop doing what I know I should do, so yeah I am a quitter!!!  UGH!!!

I know what you're probably thinking. You're thinking that I am quitting this blog because it is too much for me and I can't maintain what I started and let me tell you, you know what YOU'RE...  you're wrong.  Ha ha ha.. I couldn't help myself.

That's not what I am talking about. I am talking about the fact that I am a quitter. Yep! That's what I am, a QUITTER!! I give up on almost everything that I start. I don't know why that is, but I find that often when I begin something I don't usually follow it through to the end. Well  unless it's school or my job but everything else I quit.



Let me be clear about what I am talking about.

While talking to the huzz (short for husband) about making progress and movements for our upcoming nuptials (its a long story, I'll explain later) I came to the realization that I am a bonafide quitter. I don't start things that I know I need to do and see them through. For instance, working out. I would go months and months of being diligent with it and then I get to a point where I just don't do it anymore. I don't invest the needed time and the effort that I know it takes to maintain and I just quit. This is a horrible thing and I am admitting it on THE INTERNET!! 

Another example, this blog. When I first started writing it was my outlet for frustration and coping and a whole bunch of other things that I covered in my last blog, but then I just stopped writing. There were moments where I didn't have anything to write, but then there were times where I did and I just didn't. This isn't to say that one should not move away from something that they like if they feel that they aren't benefiting from it, but this was something that I just quit doing. It wasn't that I didn't want to do anymore, nor that I hated doing it. It was just that I quit. No reason for doing it just did it.

As I sit here and type it I wonder what else in my life I just quit doing because I didn't want to put the time or the effort into it? Have there been relationships that I have been in that I just didn't want to work at anymore so I just quit the person?? Hmmm??

I think its time for a change. I don't want to be a quitter, I just think I'm afraid of all the hard work that it is to maintain what I've started. I just feel like if I put in more time then it will be harder to maintain what I've started. So, I will no longer quit. I will try my hardest to be less of a quitter..

Here is to trying or rather not quitting.

No comments