Where are all my friends?

I have come back to blog many many times since the first time I started this blog. I have taken breaks and hiatus' but I have always come back. Recently I noticed in my blog roll that the people that I used to follow and comment on their blog haven't updated their blogs in months if not years. It begs me to ask, what happened to all my blogging people?

When blogging first started, I believe this had to be early in the 2000's everyone was doing it. I was afraid of putting myself out there at first, and thought I would follow a bunch of people and read what they wrote and commented, having my own was a scarey thing. I've said this many times but I started blogging in 2007. A friend, who was also a blogger, convinced me that writing out my thoughts would do me justice. I figured, eh why not. I took the leap of faith and did it, and boy oh boy I became hooked. The only issue was finding things to blog about. I was never concerned with gaining a following, though I later realized that I secretly wished that I had, I just wanted to free my mind of things. I first started blogging about relationships and boys that co-workers and other things that I found interesting. I would also go and read many others blogs.
I enjoyed doing that because it gave me a chance to get to know others through another avenue and then it also allowed me to see that I wasn't the only one who enjoyed sharing thoughts with the world.



As I took a hiatus from blogging my internet friends did not, they would continue to blog, and I would come back and read what they wrote and comment. I still wanted to be part of their lives though I wasn't updating mine. When I was on an extended hiatus I found that many of my friends stopped blogging too. I was shocked by this. I could not believe that they would not want to write anymore.

As I have come back and forth I am noticing that more and more of the people who used to find joy in blogging and sharing themselves with the world have now stopped doing that and here I am looking to get back into the swing of things.

I feel like I have to start all over again with blogging and making internet friends. Its hard with full time work and other things that life has in store for me, but its not impossible. I would love to ask my friends who used to blog what happened. Why do they no longer blog? What made them stop doing it? Did they lose the love that they had for it? Where did the passion go? Did life really take over that much that they can no longer do something that they enjoyed. I think I might have to ask my friend Kelley and see what she says.

As for me, I am back... For now. I cannot say that I will be doing this for years to come, but there are moments where I feel like I need to share my thoughts and feelings with someone other than my S.O.

I enjoy writing, because even thought I wasn't blogging I always kept a journal.

As this year goes on I hope to do more and more blogging. I have some ideas that I want to share.

Until Next time...


No comments