The Joy... of WRITING

I'm not going to start this blog with the run down as to why I haven't written in months. Nor am I going to give a long drawn out reason as to where this blog is going, but what I am going to say is that I will definitely try harder to post more than I have.

While I know that this has been said before, I think I am more serious about it now.  No, seriously I am going to make a solid effort. One of my friends has just started his own blog about weight loss and he is so excited about it that it made me want to go back to writing.  I remember when I was where he is currently and the love and joy he got from writing on my blog. I miss that feeling, and I want that feeling back.

I remember when I started this blog, almost 7 years ago. I was working at a library and my sister-friend Kelly was writing as well. She had shared her blog with me and I had become so infatuated by it that I said I was going to start my own. I did and thats where this blog began. At first I was struggling because I didn't know what to write and had to pull ideas out my ass. Then it got to the point where there were so many things to write about because I was trying to rekindle a relationship with this guy who I thought I wanted to be with (BIG MISTAKE BY THE WAY) and I would write about that. Then things got hectic and crazy. My dating life was eh, because I was with this guy and we only lasted 4 month, thought that relationship would have been great to write about I didn't.



After that I started graduate school and didn't do much but school and work. During that time I was with this guy who I really thought I had a chance with. I mean even my mom thought he and I were going to be together, but that never panned out and we are better because of it. I graduated and met my now boyfriend and though we've been through our trials and tribulations all that should have, and could have been documented I didn't blog. I came back thinking that I could start writing again but the passion wasn't there. It felt a little forced, felt a little unnatural.

I had thought that the best thing would have been to delete this blog, and just let it go but I couldn't do that. There are so many memories on this thing. There are so many thoughts that I have shared with people and so many people that I have connected with because of this that I just couldn't let it go. I have found that many of the people who I used to love to read no longer blog. My sister-friend no longer blogs, I don't know why she stopped but I guess once that love for it goes there is no coming back.  I think I still have the love for it. I mean I miss writing, I miss getting my thoughts and emotions down on paper, or rather the net. I miss talking to people who read blogs and have them comment with their life experiences and me getting to read their blogs and getting to know them. I miss having that me time where I did something that I really enjoyed.  Now don't get me wrong I do other things that I enjoy but blogging had been the greatest joy.

I guess the purpose of this post is to say that I really do miss writing. The utter joy that I used to get from this is slowly coming back and I hope it can last a while, long enough to get my pent up daily frustrations down.

While life seems to be getting harder and harder I feel like I need an outlet, one outside of the journal that I keep where others give me feed back.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that the love for my blog is back and I'm going to try my hardest and my darnedest to make sure that I am more diligent with this.

SO HERE I AM.

No comments