Can you hear me now? GOOD!

Day 2 of NaBloPoMo and I have to write about my blogging voice. Does my blogging voice sound like me, and if it doesn't how does it differ.

    When I first started blogging it was because I didn't have a voice, or rather I had this fear about using my voice. I didn't know how to express myself to get my feeling across and I felt that the only way to be heard and to feel like I was not going to self destruct was to start writing. As the years have gone by and I have grown and matured and I would write every now and then I find that my blog definitely sounds like me. I feel like I've given my blog the sound that I wanted it to have.When I type I feel like I'm hearing myself say the words that I am putting down on paper. My writing voice is open and unafraid and I believe that it is also shown in my writing.

 As a Libra I only have one minor problem with blogging, I have to make sure that I sound perfect on paper. I want to sound like I know what I am talking about and not come across as an idiot or a jackass. Many times I would start writing something and never publish it because I felt that it didn't sound right and I didn't want others to read it and think lesser of me. You don't even want to know how many unpublished posts I have, but this has also changed. Though I still want to have those who read my blog to understand what I'm saying and I want them to come back and read and post, I no longer care if it sounds right. I don't want to put that much emphasis in arranging punctuation and grammar and syntax. I want to be free and I want to say that I feel that I've gotten there with my blogging.

As a Libra I long and admire perfection and I will say that this is DEFINITELY true of me and this blog, but I stop myself about pining over perfection. Though, I want things to be perfect, my life isn't and neither should this blog. I want to give the raw and gritty side of me. I want to be able to tell you of what pisses me off and what makes me happy. I want to be uninhibited by the fact that you're going to read this and probably judge me for it, but then again you may not. In real life I have gotten to be this way as well. I no longer sit and wonder about if I'm being judged, life is way too short to put that much energy into something so meaningless. I am now a person who does what I want and deals with the fact that its not perfect later.


So, how is my writing voice like me? Well its clear, and honest. Its a true reflection of who I am. How does my writing differ from me? I don't think it does. I believe I'm more myself when I am blogging and writing.

Just a little bit more of me for March




No comments