Update


Its been a couple of weeks, work and other things have kept me away from my blogger, and I have so much to tell..

Oh btw, if any of you are on twitter I'm on there also.. just look for Msliryc and you'll find me..
LOL

Ok, but back to what this post is supposed to be about, my update : Bartender guy and I were supposed to meet and go on a date cause he said he wanted to hang out and get to know me better, not a bad thing. I mean why not, so we set something up for Sunday ( March 9th) that morning came and I had a makeup shoot to do ( I freelance) and I went and did that and when I was coming home he calls and tells me he is leaving his office to head out to meet me.

He asked if I was just coming in from church, I said no and explained to him that I was coming from a photo shoot and that I do freelance makeup. He laughed when I said that, I asked him why and he said he'd tell me when we met up for brunch.We were trying to find a place to have our brunch, he wanted to stay in Brooklyn, so we were looking into going to a couple of spots in Fort Greene, since I'm on my NO MEAT stance right now for lent I had suggested a vegetarian spot, but he said he really wanted some kind of meat. I then narrowed it down to this French restaurant named Olea's or an italian place called Scopello's (two great places to eat if you're in Brooklyn)

Anywho, day goes by he calls and asks to reschedule for later, he had to pick mom up from Penn Station, then calls back again about an hour and a half before we have to meet and says that he needs to reschedule cause train never came in and she's still on her way and blah blah blah...

I'm dressed and ready to go, and now I'm HOME!!! RIGHT... great hunh!!

So its been about 2 weeks since our supposed date and he has gone off to France for a business trip. He called and emailed and said " Bonjour mon cherie, j'ai pensee de toi" (good morning love, I was thinking about you) which I respond "c'est vrai?" (oh yeah, I was thinking bout you too) had to throw that in there.. boost his ego a bit and show that I can speak french too..

So here I am dateless.. UGH, I guess its back to the drawing board.

3 comments

SimplEnigma said...

LOL. Veggie spot = Red Bamboo? :)

Chez Oscar has good brunch. So does Maggie Browns and Night of the Cookers...in case ur looking to reschedule.

I'm trying to be more like you...it's hard for me to give a dude a second chance if he postpones more than once.

Get that date, chica!

Super Dave Van Buren said...

why is everyone giving up meat for lent? good luck with it, you only have a couple weeks left.

Ms. Liryc said...

Enigma: I Love red bamboo, that's my spot!! Vegetarian food, ( I miss those days, I am thinking of returning to my veggie ways.. but I'd miss oxtail too much so IDK)

Night of the cookers, is eh..

Give a guy a second chance. He might've just messed up this one time.. (easier said than done but I believe in second chances)

Super Dave: Giving up meat is hard, if you always eat it, and I mean all meat, not just the red meat.. If it walks on land I am not eating it. I'm dying for a piece of chicken but I'll wait.. I'm counting down the days till its EASTER..