I got a date

So bartender guy and I have been talking since we met at my aunts party. He's is a really cool guy. I really can't complain. Though he has his dry moments its still like ok, let me get to know you better

So here's what I found out so far,

1. The place that we threw the party for my aunt is partly owned by him
2. He just recently turned 31
3. He is separated
4. He has a 3 year old son
5. He lives in New Jersey
6. He's an only child (uh oh)
7. He's church going


I don't have a problem with the whole separated thing, nor do I have a problem with him having a son, he was married so children do result in those types of union at times so that's understandable.. the problem is that he's an only child and he's Haitian.

Now if you don't know about Haitian mothers and their son's let me be the first to tell you that, those are the hardest relationships because most mothers will think No woman is good enough for her son. They will give the woman that their son is with HELL because she feels that, she's the only one that can take care of her son. So since I am no where near that bridge its cool.
Its just a heads up

We've been in conversation, and there were moments that I was really second guessing speaking to him cause he was kind of dry. His conversation skills were sub par and it was as entertaining as watching paint dry, but I thought I'd stick it out and give it a shot since I was the one that approached him.. Just cause its a little corny doesn't mean that its all a lost, maybe he's a face to face type of guy.

So last night when I came home from another date that I had ( I'll tell you about that later) I got a voicemail message from him, he was in NY and wanted to know if I was going to be around this weekend. I told him yeah and he asked me out to brunch tomorrow after church.

So yes everyone I got's me a date! (insert happy dance)

I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll also let you know about the other date that I had last night.

Things are beginning to look up for 2009!

3 comments

Blu Jewel said...

Sounds like a nice guy, but follow your gut. If you feel that he's a little dry and he doesn't really hit your spot, then you might want to fall back. Only male children of Carribean men is hard, so proceed cautiously even though I hope your date goes well.

love to live; live to love!

Ms. Confessions said...

I cosign on Blu's thought. Follow that awesome instinct!

SimplEnigma said...

Congrats! I've had the HME (Haitian Mother Experience) a couple of times. Not a good feeling.

You are better than I...was just telling someone the other day that I couldn't date someone who's separated. Why not just divorce and get it over with unless you're hoping for a reconciliation? Who knows?

Good luck on the date! Hope you made sure he wasn't crazy. Haitian mothers are crazy so the apple may not have fallen far. LOL.