Chronicles of a big girl part deux!! (2)


I love when a plus sized woman can wear clothes and grab the attention of any man that comes in her path just because she exudes confidence and poise and respects herself. I respect and appreciate a woman who isn't held down because of this societies view of larger women. I applaud my fellow women of size who know how to dress and will wear clothes that FIT them!

Remember back in the days when the cute small girls used to get all the guys because they were cute and small, and all the heavier girls were passed up on because well, they were heavy?? Yeah I remember them too... I remember the nicknames and the mean things that children say. But when does it end? This society would rather I look like a stick than have meat on my bones.

Not to take anything away from my smaller girls, I love you all not matter the size but I love when a girl of larger proportions just knows how to wear her clothes, and then I shake my head when I see a woman who is plus sized wearing things she ought not to. I want to go oops upside her head and ask her if she hadn't been through enough ridicule and torment enough. Not to say that she's not comfortable with her skin, but jesus, please know how to be a lady.

Case and point, if you're at a store and you are clothes shopping and you wear an 18, please buy the 18, not the 14! It will not fit, and having the muffin top is NOT cute.

Lane Bryant, Ashley Stewart, The Avenue, Torrid, etc are there for women who are plus sized and the clothes are cute, don't go to Express if you know you wear a 18, trying to fit the 14, it will NOT work.. please accept your size and work it. It pains me to see women who would look fabulous in clothes that fit, in clothes that DON'T fit!

I give props to all my plus sized ladies, our clothes can be as cute as the clothes of smaller women, no longer are we subjected to wearing muumuu's or anything of the sort. I am happy when I see a large woman dress appropriately and has her stuff put together. Its just wonderful.

Please take a page from this woman: wear clothes that compliment your shape and size, and remember Just cause its made in your size doesn't mean that its for you. Respect yourself and people will respect you!


I love the skin I'm in..



12 comments

Shola Akintobi said...

standing ovation...excellent read

Ma'at said...

I'm on this like white on rice... gimme that belt lol... I'm all for people looking like they have taste and class.

Mr.Slish said...

I hear that...Work it!!!!

Ms. Liryc said...

thanks yall.. trying to.. please if you have friends who are big girls and do not wear their size in clothes, do not be afraid to tell them. I'm tired of seeing big girls with little girl clothes on, and little girls with children's clothes on...

Thank you and have a nice day.

Ms. Behaving said...

:-) Amen...

Amen...

& Amen again!

Crankyputz said...

Well done,

So true that people are attracted to you and not just your looks...

MsKnowitAll said...

Very nice Liryc...

As a plus sized lady, I love this post. And thanks for giving me props. LOL

Strongblkwmn said...

Excellent post! I feel the exact same way.

The Incomparable Shakespeare said...

I concur

Blu Jewel said...

Girl, you broke out with some serious real talk right here. I applaud your sense of self and style and most of all for keeping it real.

Love to live; live to love!

Ms. Liryc said...

thanks all!!

Next time you see a sister who got her clothes on all wrong when sheknows its all wrong you needs to tell her! PLEASE!! for her sake and yours cause you have to see it!

KindredSmile said...

This post is so on point. Yesterday, I saw this gorgeous woman that was wearing some hideous clothing - I'm talking about a polo so tight that it kept rolling up to expose her belly, and pants so tight that I'm sure she was afraid to sit down! As someone who has been d*mn near every size between 10 and 18, I know that it's possible to dress well, pull all the dudes, and exude style and class!