FAMILY MATTERS

Ever have an embarrassing moment in front of people that you hardly know and feel all insecure? Ever have that memory replay in your mind constantly till the point where you cry about it?

I have such a memory and its hard not to relive it. 

How about the cause of embarrassment isn't any of your doing but its from someone you know and someone you care about? What if this person just told a room full of people some private and personal things about you that you didn't want shared? What do you do? How about if the person who opened their mouth is family?

The incident happened months prior and you've tried to let it go but now you don't want to hang with these people because you have a fear that they will open their mouth again and spread your business... 

What do you do? 

I am one who steers clear of conflict and I try not to be part of something that I feel will not come out nicely. Given the fact that I know my family members and their constant judgement of what I do I try to stay away as much as I can and when I do I get the whole.. "she thinks she's too good to hang with us"  to which I say nothing I just brush it off and move forward.

Its 2009 and I am nearing my 30's and I have so many things that I want to get done and so many places that I want to go... and I am tired of the judgement and the ridicule and of course the embarrassment so I am going to keep to myself thanks.


5 comments

KellyAnne said...

In my life I have come to sadly realize that the people who will hurt you the most are extended family. It is a sad fact..There are just someone people that do not value the true meaning of what it is to be family..trust and loyalty...two of which were broken in your case. I feel you sweetie..I honestly would approach this family member. Holding it in and letting it build up is doing nothing good for you. It's time to release this from you and put it on its rightful owner.

MsKnowitAll said...

It's best to steer clear of people with negative energy. You love them, you forgive them, you wish them well.

It's not about being too good to hang with them, it's the God in you that won't allow you to sit still in their presence.

Make amends and allow peace to reign.

SimplEnigma said...

2008 made me realize that blood is not thicker than water. I have some amazing people in my life who would do anything for me, and many of them aren't family.

You have two choices: talk to the person, or cut em off altogether. Ppl will say the later option is terrible "cos you're family" but who says that being family gives anyone the right to treat you less than?

Strongblkwmn said...

The number one person in the equation is you. You have to do what makes you comfortable and keep the negative energy at a distance.

Ms. Liryc said...

Thank you all for your kind words, and your advice. I have come to the realization that I don't need to relive this again. I am just going to let it go and keep my distance. Though we are family and that will never end I do not have to put up with it. I do not have to sit there and have my busines out in the street

Kelly- I am just going to leave her alone. And be done with it

Knowitall- I am taking that advice, love them forgive them and I'm wishing her well.

Simple - yeah she's family, I won't cut her off per say but I will keep my distance

Strongblkwmn- you are sooo right! Oh so right..