My Turn- Tagged

YAY, my first tag!! I've never been tagged for anything since playing on the playground at my old catholic school. But, its nice to have been though about. MsKnowitall, posted some really good songs, and now its my turn to share with everyone in this blogesphere about the songs that got me moving and grooving this summer.

I try to remain as young and hip as possible with these young kids right now. I don't know if its because of my longing to return to my younger years of less responsibility and carelessness or its because I really just like the music..

The Rules
"List seven songs that you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring/summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."

MY LIST


  1. A millie- Lil' Wayne: I have to say that I have jumped on the Lil' Wayne band wagon with that song. No matter the mix I love it. The bass, the pump of the song. I just love it, there is something about this song that begins the summer. My favorite line in the whole song is "Ok your a goon, but what's a goon to a goblin, Nothin, nothin you ain't scarin nothin


  2. Heaven Sent- Keisha Cole: I love this song, its one of those songs that you play for the person that you're with. It lets them know that they are special to you. It also reminds me of the Mary J. Blige song "Everything" that was one of my favorite songs for the summer, absolutely LOVE this song!


  3. Coconut Juice-Tyga: Yes, he's a new artist, but the bass of the song is wonderful. It just pumps you up to dance and have a good time. I love it. "Put the lime in the coconut and twist it all up!" The words say it all!


  4. Closer- Ne-yo: Is there no song from this man that I DON'T LOVE! It reminds me of SUMMER. It first starts off slow, and then the songs tremble just drops and you just have to either start voguing or you're not feeling the music. Go Ne-YO!


  5. The Way that I love you- Ashanti : I have no clue why, but LOVE this song from Ashanti. She doesn't have the best vocals but I like it


  6. Cock it up-Beenie Man: Being the true West Indian that I am. I cannot have a list that doesn't include some sort of reggae music in it! And no other artist in the reggae industry makes music bangers like Beenie Man! Mr. Moses, or The Doctor however he wants to be referred to has hit it again with this song. Now, if you've never been to a "Dance" you probably won't know this song, nor have seen the dance for this song. But, just by the title alone you should get a good idea of how the dance is done. But, to endulge you I'll let you know. You actually bend over and "cock up" your backside. The dance is somewhat "stripperish" but I just like the song. No need to do that movements if you do go out to a club, just enjoy the song. Beenie Man is like no other!COCK IT UP - BEENIE MAN
  7. Imagine Me- Kirk Franklin: No list is complete without this song! My friends from church and I were having a discussion about the way God sees us, and this song is the perfect example. Now, being the sinner that I am I know that I have many flaws and faults, but God still loves me to no end. I party, and dance, and cry and all the other things. I have gone through my fair share of depression and doubt, and self hate, but God has loved me throug it all, and if I could see myself the way God sees me then life would be great.
Imagine me, being free, trusting you totally finally I can...
Imagine me
I admit it was hard to see
You being in love with someone like me
But finally I can...
Imagine me
Being strong
And not letting people break me down
You won't get that joy this time around
Can you imagine me? In a world (in a world) where nobody has to live afraid
Because of your love fears gone away
Can you imagine me?"

These are the songs of my summer. Its seems like things are going to be good. Music makes the world go round. Each song represents something. And now to pass on I am tagging!



TAGS

  1. Bougoisie-on-a Budget
  2. Eb the Celeb
  3. The Diva
  4. Jas-Man
  5. LadyNay
  6. Chubby Chocolate
  7. Kellz & Cris

You're next.. Lets see what has you jumping and dancing this summer!

3 comments

Eb the Celeb said...

yeah... i love anything ne-yo does too... from his own songs to ones he write for others... I cant wait for that album next month

also... I've already been tagged this last week

http://renaissanceblackwoman.blogspot.com/2008/06/ive-been-tagged.html

but thanks for thinking of me

Liryc said...

darn I'm so mad, wish I had gotten to you first. UGH

Ladynay said...

I'll get to this sometime this week!

I thought that Lil Wayne joint was called I'm illin' LOL! Shows how much I know!