Being / Becoming A Good Woman


I had to borrow this one from my other blog. I have been going through some serious changes lately and I just felt that this post made a lot of sense to me. These last couple of months away from blogger have been very hard. I had someone in my life that wanted 100% of my time and it came to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore. I felt like I lost my sense of self and it took me a couple of days to figure out what had happened. When I came back I found that what I thought was missing was just misplaced. So I did some searching and found this. It hit home... so here it goes

"The end of 2007 wasn't a good one for me. I thought that I had a lot of things under control but I thought wrong. I started questioning myself as a woman. I wonder why I make the decisions that I do knowing that they may not be to my benefit. In the last 7 years I've made so many mistakes, many of them have helped me grow into the woman that I am today but a lot of them have put a damper on my thoughts for the next 7 years.

It is usually said that the number 7 means the finality of it all. And new beginnings start with 8, so I'm hoping that all the old baggage and drama and self conflicting issues have ended with the end of 2007 and 2008 with bring joy and happiness. As usual my email inbox is filled with well wishes for the new year and hopes of prosperity and joy and all that jazz.

But of course my friend KR sends me the best email of them all.Sometimes the life of a woman can get to her. Sometimes we question ourselves as women, we question our motives and our choices that we make. Sometimes as a woman you wonder how much your emotions have to do with your choices and why things couldn't be simpler? I myself, have been the biggest judge on things that I have done. Though I try to learn from the past and not make the same mistakes, I've fallen victim numerous of times to things that I have done and redid without thinking it thru.My friend KR sent this message to me at the right time.

I needed something like this to cheer me up and help me see the brighter side of things. I realize though I make a million mistakes it only makes me a better woman. I am not perfect, but what makes me more likeable and personable are my flaws. They are what will enable me to be empathetic and sympathetic to others. And because I'm in and one with God I know that all will be well.So I write this blog for women who are ever in doubt of who they are. Any woman who may be in need of a quick pick me up. Whatever the circumstance or problem always remember you are a good woman!

A good woman knows God.
A good woman is proud of herself.
She respects herself and others.
She is aware of who she is.
She neither seeks definition from the person she is with, nor does she expect them to read her mind.
She is quite capable of articulating her needs.
A good woman is hopeful.
She is strong enough to make all her dreams come true.
She knows love, therefore she gives love.
She recognizes that her love has great value and must be reciprocated.
If her love is taken for granted, it soon disappears.
A good woman has a dash of inspiration and a dabble of endurance.
She knows that she will, at times, have to inspire others to reach the potential God gave them.
A good woman knows her past, understands her present and moves toward the future.
She knows that with God the world is her playground, but without God she will just be played.
A good woman does not live in fear of the future because of her past.
Instead, she understands that her life experiences are merely lessons, meant to bring her closer to self knowledge and unconditional self love.


To all my good women out there, do not hold on to what was, but press on to what will be. Keep strong in faith and love and understand that the mistakes that we make is what molds us to who we will eventually become. We are all good women, it just takes sometime to realize it.

1 comment

MsKnowitAll said...

I just love this post!

I read the original from your other blog and I can so relate to the qualities of being/becoming a good woman.

You are a good woman! No matter what your past says. The better days are ahead, sister!