Grades

Fall semester is finally out of my system and I await my grades. These grades determine how much of a strain I am going to put into the spring semester. I worked hard in the fall, not to my full potential but hard enough to make good grades, that is until I received my physiology grade. I got a C+... WTF??? I worked hard this whole semester. I read the whole darn book. All 18 chapters and I get a C+.. I'm livid. (actually I cried my eyes out because I felt like a failure) I am looking to getting into sports medicine, as a physical therapist and a C+ in physiology isn't a good look. I cried to my friend / cousin Cassy. I felt like such a failure and let down, what school is going to accept me into their physical therapy program with a C+ in physiology. Add to that I am taking Physics in the spring and if I can't handle physiology how in God's name am I going to do in Physics. (I am my worst and harshest critic) I feel so bad.. Though I got 2 B's and a B+ my GPA for the semester ends up to be 2.8... (physio was a 4 credit course) again WTF?? How am I ever going to be able to get into the D.P.T (Doctor of Physical Therapy) program with a 2.8 GPA???? (GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!) yes, this is my first semester back from since I've gotten my first degree but still, this predetermines how I do for the rest of the time that I'm there getting the pre-req's for the program.. I'm so upset! I'm going to go to my corner and cry again now.. I just thought I'd share...

6 comments

MsKnowitAll said...

Okay Missy, you are going to have to take that class over, that's what and then appeal for the grade change! Life's not a game, step it up! You bettah stop beating yourself up and buckle down in those classes!

Liryc said...

I'm trying, and I don't know if they are going to let me take it again! I'm going to ask to see, because I really need to do well to get into the program.. its at NYU none the less... UGH!

Opinionated Diva said...

If your school wont let you take it over, see if you can take it at another school and transfer the grade over.

Despite what you think, just because this semester wasn't so hot, does not mean you wont do better next semester. Actually because you know what you're up against and because you realize you need to do better, you are most likely going to go ALL IN this coming semester.

Breathe...I wish you luck Lady!

jameil1922 said...

awwww. that sucks!! i don't even know what to say other than listen to the know it all and the diva. who better to listen to?

Eb the Celeb said...

Girl... I just graduated from NYU in a masters program and is it hella hard to get in and aint all its cracked up to be after you get there... But its one class... I have a couple C's on my transcript in my undergrad career and still got in. You'll be fine.

Liryc said...

thanks for the words of wisdom and empowerment ladies.. it is greatly appreciated.. I am feeling better.. I'm going to work a lot harder next semester.. even if physics kicks my tail!