Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all.. I hope everyone got what they wanted from Santa. I can say that I got all that my heart desired and more because I had my family and my friends to share with me the wonderful times. As the year comes to a close I have to say that this year had been one of ups and downs, a lot of difficult times for me. Believe me when I say it is things that you could only see in the movies. Though I walk around with a smile on my face I am a person who is in constant thought, and sometime those thoughts aren't happy thoughts, but I try not to let them get me down. I am thankful for so many things.

1st. My relationship with God.
God, is my foundation. He is my source of life and love. Though I fall a thousand times, I know that he is there to help me up and make me into a better person. There is nothing that I can do alone, but with him I can do it all

2nd My mother.
My Haitian born mother is my rock. Though she gets on my last nerve, I wouldn't trade her in for anything. She has made me who I am. I am strong willed in Christ because of her, but I am also lenient and understanding because she isn't. My mom, isn't like me, though we look alike we don't have the same qualities, and I thank God for that... though she's a wonderful person, life experiences have made her a little bitter, but she's shown me that I don't have to be like her and to learn to let things go, though she hasn't learned to do it yet

3rd My aunts and uncles and cousins
I do not have any siblings my cousins are like my brothers and sisters, they are there for me during my most insane times. They have my best interest at heart and they are sometimes like my alter ego. My aunts are my mother's clone, they do the same as she, if not a bit more, and my uncles are there to take place of my non-existent father. They keep me grounded, in check sort to speak. My aunts tell me of their experiences in life and love and with that I take it and try not to make the same mistakes, though I tend to fall I know that they're there for me.

4th my friends.
My friends, all of them are great.. I thank God for all of them. Those who at work, and those who've I've known for years. I can come to them and tell them of my problems, and they give me their advice. They aren't one to judge me. My friends that I have rekindled friendships with I am very happy about. Because, life experiences shouldn't hold us back from growing together, and real friends always find a way back to one another... My very close friends at work are there to make the day go by. They make me laugh when I'm sad, they know what to say to me to make me smile. They give you the best compliments when I get dressed. They tell me when I look like a hot mess and when I need to get my hair done. They give me opinions on the guys that I date (FP) and they encourage me to talk to the ones who I like despite how shy I am. (KR & CB) I love them deeply and I want us to be friends forever

Last and least.
My past relationships (all that count! Friends and Boyfriends) I want to thank these people because they have helped me cherish those who are still in my life. My past friends that I don't talk to are just that, people that I don't talk to and I'm glad that they are no longer in my life. They were holding me back from growing and with no growth there is no progress.. I don't need not to advance so thank you for leaving and saving room for those who count. To my past boyfriends, I want to thank you the most because it is because of you I know what I don't want. You have helped me establish a level of respect that I have for myself, and if it wasn't for our bad relationship I wouldn't have known this.. Thank you very much for being such an asshole that I can now be with someone whose going to appreciate me and help me grow and not keep me back.

2008 is just around the corner and there are so many things that I want to accomplish. I am going to get them done. I raise my glass of wine (red, dry MERLOT) to 2008. Hopes of love, and friendship and most importantly GROWTH

4 comments

Divine Perception said...

Glad you enjoyed your christmas. I think too many believe the holiday to be about what gifts they will receive instead of what is truely important...family and friends. I think it's great that you looked back on past relationships and realized what you didn't want in a person based on what you've been through. I am learning to do this as well, it's not easy but i'm getting better at it. I always tried to weed people out but it's the one I least expected to make me happy that actually makes me happy now. Who knows how long it will last? I will enjoy every minute of it while its done. All the best to you in 2008.

Divine Perception said...

Of course, I didn't proof read before posting...lol. I meant, I will enjoy every minute of it while it lasts :)

YAZMAR said...

Wow-great post....

You definitely hit the nail on the head with this one...2007 has been something else...ups downs, crazy situations.....but even moreso folk that are no longer in my life.....

Sometimes you gotta cut the grass to see the snakes!!

Feel me?

Merry Christmas Luv!

Ms.Knowitall said...

This was a beautiful post and a wonderful ode to 2007 and not just because I was mentioned in it. LOL
There are better things to come for you in 2008 and you have your head of straight. I applaud you for not forgetting your mama girl. She's your best friend, the best cheerleader and your worst critic but no one knows you bettah.